Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with solid backend software skills to join our remote team of engineers. As a data engineer, you will closely collaborate with clients, product managers and other engineers to build and maintain resilient data systems for our most demanding customers. As part of the Data & AI team, you'll also be encouraged to leverage data to build practical AI applications for our most innovative clients.
We are a multidisciplinary collaborative team with extensive experience solving challenging problems for renowned organizations around the globe. Dedicated to a wide range of sectors, we work together to design, create and manage innovative work that is both smart and effective for companies such as GitHub, the Davis Cup competition, the Decidim participatory citizenship framework, and a long list of international clients who trust us to build their next project.
- Be a key player in the intersection of data and software engineering
- Work closely with clients, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Work in critical, high availability data systems
- Identify new opportunities to leverage data and Machine Learning to improve our clients' products
- Optimize performance and cost of large data pipelines, from architectural redesigns to query optimization
- Design and develop data-intensive backend systems
- Stay on top of the newest technologies to find new, more efficient ways to work
- Work on projects built with Python & SQL, PyTorch, Elixir & Phoenix and many others daily.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in Data Engineering
- Strong software engineering skills, demonstrable experience building end-to-end backend systems
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and Python
- Thorough knowledge of one or more ETL stacks (DBT / Dataform, Glue, Spark) as well as Big Data warehouses such as BigQuery, RDS or Athena
- A desire to build well-documented, resilient systems.
- A strong interest in Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning
- Solid problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Experience with PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- Experience with TypeScript, Elixir or Ruby.
- Strong interest in applying Artificial Intelligence to real-world problems
Interested?Apply by mailing us with an updated résumé (cover letters are welcome but not mandatory) or your LinkedIn profile, with the subject Senior Data Engineer Role and a brief introductory paragraph to
Working at Codegram
Get things done from wherever you feel most comfortable.
Adjust your plan to your personal needs to work efficiently.
Work 35 hours per week, enjoy the rest living life.
Just choose what you wish to learn!
For assistance, to get/give feedback, set goals and develop your skills.
A professional development plan to keep growing.
Start your adventure with guidance and support of an onboarding buddy.
Internal talks, regular team meetings and a rich knowledge base.
Have fun with your coworkers eating, playing sports and other cool activities (on standby until it is safe to restart).
Step away from our day-to-day to pursue ideas no matter how out there they seem.
A Mac and additional accessories. We like to work with the best equipment.
Invest in your health and fitness with a yearly budget.